[CentOS-mirror] GeoIP Update please on mirrorlist.centos.org

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Tue Jun 19 13:14:47 EDT 2012

Ripunjay Bararia kirjoitti:
> There seems to be some problem with mirrorlist.centos.org, or the GeoIP
> backend
>
> from ip range 111.91.91.0/24
> elinks -dump 1 "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os"
[...]
> Can you please check if the GeoIP is on the blink again
>
> Our local Mirror is @ http://mirrors.hns.net.in (111.91.91.34)

Hi, I'd guess your servers are retrieving the mirrorlist over IPv6, not
over IPv4. If requesting the mirrorlist over IPv6, it will list only
those mirrors that can be reached over IPv6. Try if there's a difference
between these two commands:

curl -4 "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os"
curl -6 "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os"

The reason why it gives you mirrors all over the world is that there are
unfortunately no IPv6-capable mirrors in India. Seeing that you
apparently do have IPv6 connectivity, how about making
mirrors.hns.net.in available over IPv6? That would direct traffic to
your local mirror again, but this time over IPv6.