[CentOS-mirror] New mirror

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:06:33 UTC 2012

On 02.03.2012 23:53, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have set up new mirror:
>
> bay.uchicago.edu

Are you the responsible person for that mirror (I'd need a mail address
at least)?

> Astrophysics

We have a limit on 40 characters (makes the website look prettier) - can
you somehow shorten that? :)
> 1. which mirror will you prefer me to sync to. At the moment I do:
>
> rsync [bunch of options] us-msync.centos.org::CentOS

That is fine, except ...

> 2. Do I use appropriate mirror to keep in sync DVD images?

... if you also want to mirror the CentOS 5 DVDs, you'd need to sync
from msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd - but I need the ip address you
sync with first to enter an acl for that.

Cheers,

Ralph