[CentOS-mirror] Mirror bandwidth

Prof. P. Sriram

sriram at ae.iitm.ac.in
Fri Mar 9 00:49:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Andrew B. Zwieg wrote:
> Mine has been syncronizing for 2 days now slowly, and using inconsistent
> ammounts of bandwidth. Low during the day, high at night.

Same thing here at ftp.iitm.ac.in; and, the issue appears to be an
upstream mirror that is missing the 5.8 isos - you hit that, all your
isos get wiped out and in the next round you download them again. I have
not been able to identify the problematic upstream mirror. I am modifying
my sync script so the sync log does a logrotate kind of stuff, so I can
catch the deleter next time.

--
sriram