[CentOS-mirror] Problem with rsync

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Mar 14 19:27:42 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 02:21 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 03/13/2012 01:23 AM, Damjan Sirnik wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Looks like 62.141.54.220 affected too.
>> I also get same issue on following servers:
>> 91.215.65.226
>> 94.228.209.140
>> 88.208.217.170
>>
>> Regards,
>> Damjan
>>
> You can only open one connection at a time.
>
> Are you trying to do more than one connection at a time?

For the record, there were a couple of jerks who decided that they could
open up 20-30 rsyncs at the same time on different directory paths.
This practice hogged all the resources during the release, not allowing
others to rsync.

Now, you may only make one rsync connection to a server at a time for a
given module.

Make sure to thank the abusers for us.