[CentOS-mirror] recommendations for mirror server hardware?

Daniel Koop Yourwebhoster.eu

daniel at yourwebhoster.eu
Tue Mar 27 21:30:23 UTC 2012

Hi Tom
Caching is a good thing and I recommend to have the disks in RAID 1 instead
of RAID 0: it's better to keep the server up and running without having to
mirror if a hard drive fails. RAID 1 can be enough for a 1 Gbit uplink
depending on your disks. The server is nothing else than dumb storage which
handles small files and big files. The highest CPU usage is according to our
monitoring software 8% ; I think that this isn't caused by the webserver but
probably by rsync or updating.

Met vriendelijke groet/Regards,

Daniël Koop
Yourwebhoster.eu