[CentOS-mirror] Our mirror is is gone from timedhost.txt list

Wed May 23 09:29:35 UTC 2012
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/23/2012 01:55 AM, Martynas UAB "Duomenų Centras" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> somehow since yesterday our mirror (mirror.duomenucentras.lt) gone
> from timedhosts.txt, so all of our serves started using external mirrors!
>
> The status page: http://mirror-status.centos.org/#lt shows all things ok:
>
> mirror.duomenucentras.lt <http://mirror.duomenucentras.lt/centos/> @
> <http://mirror.duomenucentras.lt/>
>

> http
>

> 4 hours
>

> 3 hours
>

> ok
>
> Other projects mirrors functional correctly, so looks like there is
> some mistake?
>
> Please fix it.

If you look here:

http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=updates&cc=lt

You can see your mirror in the mirrorlist that should be returned for IP
addresses coming in from the country code of lt.

If you use "&ip=<your_ip_address>" instead of "&cc=lt" you can see if we
are looking up the correct Country Code for your IP.

You can also list your mirror as a baseurl= in your .repo file for every
repo and it will add it to the rest of the mirrorlist urls regardless of
whether it gets returned or not by our mirrorlist script.

Initially I would do a yum clean all and let the timedhosts.txt get
regenerated. If that does not work, then you can troubleshoot further.