[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS Mirror in Atlanta

Mon May 28 14:50:04 UTC 2012
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

On 28.05.2012 04:22, Ryan Becker wrote:
> Hello,
> I have set up a CentOS mirror in Atlanta.  I have a transfer speed of
> 100Mbit, 300GB of monthly bandwith transfer.

Sorry, but that's not possible (at least not in the US) - what happens
to people who try to install from your mirror and then run into the
bandwidth cap?

We try to have mirrors without a traffic cup, except where not possible
at all (and these are then mostly areas of the world, where we only have
few mirrors).

Thank you for wanting to help CentOS - how about you join the torrent
swarm with that machine? This way your machine will just fade out of the
swarm when your bandwidth limit has been reached.

Regards,

Ralph