[CentOS-mirror] Liberty University Mirror

Wed Sep 19 20:37:11 UTC 2012
Wilson, Tirian <twilson at liberty.edu>

Good Afternoon,
Thanks for your concern, but our internet connection is much larger than that, 250 MB is what is allowed for that server in the packet shapers.  We may increase the allotment in the future, we are looking at upgrading the internet connection for that data center to bring it in line with our other internet connections.  However, for now, 250 MB is what the mirror server is allowed and it can use all of it without impacting any of our other traffic flows.

Tirian Wilson
Network Engineer for VoIP
Network Services

(434) 592-3439

[http://www.liberty.edu/media/1616/40themail/wordmark-for-email.jpg]

Liberty University  |  Training Champions for Christ since 1971

From: Ryan Becker <Ryan at techbnc.org<mailto:Ryan at techbnc.org>>
Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] Liberty University Mirror

250 Mbps is a little slim for a mirror and it may get maxed during release, just be aware of this.

On Sep 19, 2012 8:09 AM, "Wilson, Tirian" <twilson at liberty.edu<mailto:twilson at liberty.edu>> wrote:
Good Morning,
We have been mirroring the current version of CentOS for a couple of years but it looks like we forgot to join this list and announce we were a mirror.  Our server is at mirror.liberty.edu<http://mirror.liberty.edu>, the full URL is http://mirror.liberty.edu/pub/CentOS and we are synching 3 times a day to a Tier 1.  Our mirror server only supports HTTP and has 250MB of upstream bandwidth; we are located in Lynchburg Virginia on AS 32726.  The sponsoring organization is http://www.liberty.edu.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Thanks!