[CentOS-mirror] AAAA addition

Fri Sep 21 18:22:56 UTC 2012
Nick Olsen <nick at flhsi.com>

Hey, Thanks David. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. It worked
locally. But the traffic wasn't showing it. Oh well.
Thanks for your help!

Nick Olsen
Network Operations (855) FLSPEED  x106

 From: "David Richardson" <david.richardson at utah.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 12:07 PM
To: "Mailing list for CentOS mirrors." <centos-mirror at centos.org>
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] AAAA addition

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Nick Olsen wrote:

> We've added a AAAA record for our mirror
> (http://mirror.flhsi.com/centos)
>
> It seems to be working, But I'm not seeing much, If any IPv6 Traffic.
>
> Can someone please verify its working via IPv6?

I have confirmed that I can reach your site via ipv6 (from the University
of Utah).

On my mirror, I've been monitoring ipv6 traffic separately from ipv4 for
over a year. The graphs say that my ipv6 traffic averages about 3% of my
ipv4 volume. The spikes can be just as big as in v4.

The bright side of being an early adopter is that you can learn how to
make something works *before* anyone complains because that something's
broken. :)

DR

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
Center for High Performance Computing at the University of Utah