[CentOS-mirror] mirror centos 6.X only

Anthony Somerset

anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Thu Dec 26 07:27:35 UTC 2013

that should work - you will have to try it though - bear in mind that when 7.x comes out you would have to update your mirroring command if you want to only mirror 7.x

using http to mirror is inefficient and is frowned upon heavily because of the load it generates on the servers you mirror from. using rsync on this scale is most efficient and rsync is actually the most common mechanism for mirroring

Kind regards,
Anthony Somerset

Somerset Technical Solutions Ltd.
www.somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Registered in the UK – Company no. 07738444
VAT Registration No: 140 6916 22
T: +44 (0) 33 0088 2751
E: anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
PGP: 0x7C892BF5