[CentOS-mirror] setup mirror and lock files

Ryan Becker Ryan at techbnc.org
Wed Feb 27 23:01:15 UTC 2013

Hi Jim, it's quite easy to do with a script. This first section here checks
to see if a lock is present, and if it is, the script bails:

if [ -f /var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates ]; then
    echo "Updates via rsync already running."
    echo "--ERROR: REPOSITORY SYNC ABORTED AT `date`--"
    exit 0
fi

When I begin my sync, it touches the lock file (touch
/var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates), and when finished, removes it (/bin/rm -f
/var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates). If you need any help or wish to see my
full script, just let me know and I can provide it.