[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror comes

Shaun Reitan shaun.reitan at ndchost.com
Thu Jan 31 19:52:08 UTC 2013

I for one have never been a fan of mailing lists, at least the way they are
mostly used today.  People use them like a forum, assuming everybody wants
to know everybody's problems.  Mailing lists in my opinion should be used
for announcements and notifications only.  All the other chatter should go
on a forum where users can subscribe and unsubscribe to threads that they
find important.  That being said, I've only been on this mailing list for 24
hours so far and I'm already doing what you said, deleting the mail without
even looking at it (although I did read this message).  My guess would be
that in another 24-48 hours I'll probably turn off email delivery's
entirely, that’s usually what happens.  Maybe this ML needs to be split into
mirror-announcements and mirror-users so that some of us that only care
about the important things can subscribe to announcements and leave the
users chatter to those who want to receive it.  Still my opinion is that
chatter belongs in a forum.

--
Shaun Reitan
Network Data Center Host, Inc.