[CentOS-mirror] Which FTP server?

Anthony Somerset

anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 10:47:19 UTC 2013

i use VSFTPD without issues

make sure you set:

nopriv_user=ftp #(or whatever your ftp user is NOT your mirror user)
anonymous_enable=YES
anon_root=/srv/mirror/public_html # set this to the doc root of the mirror
#these are only needed if you have a non connection tracking FW for passive FTP to work reliably - if you have no firewall in front of the server and dont use NAT this likely shouldn't be needed
pasv_max_port=51000
pasv_min_port=50000
port_enable=YES
pasv_address=<PUBLIC IP>

Kind regards,
Anthony Somerset

Somerset Technical Solutions Ltd.
www.somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Registered in the UK – Company no. 07738444
VAT Registration No: 140 6916 22
T: +44 (0) 33 0088 2751
E: anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
PGP: 0x7C892BF5