[CentOS-mirror] Port Scans

Dewangga

dewanggaba at xtremenitro.org
Mon Mar 4 09:46:49 UTC 2013

I think mirror status doesn't monitor individual server, they just get
the data when you connect to them and fetch the file on your pub
directory.

Not only the mirror box have been scanned in many times, but also
*all* public box in the world were scanned in million times too. IMHO.

So I think the scanner is not coming from mirror status, it's coming
from the 'world' :)