[CentOS-mirror] New mirror in Germany

Sun Mar 24 21:32:59 UTC 2013
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

On 23.03.2013 00:38, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
> mirror.megahappy.net
>
> ipv4 and ipv6, currently only http. Will add rsync later.
>
> This is my shell box I use to get on IRC. That's about all it does so
> I thought I'd give it something else to do.
>
> Connection is 100MBit, If I use over 10TB of bandwidth per month then
> my 100MBit connection is reduced to 10MBit.

That might be okay for you, it is not okay for us (especially as there
are loads of mirrors in the US having no cap). That is nothing personal,
I just don't want people to suddenly run into that 10Mbit cap, while
there are other mirrors around which can deliver 100 to 1000Mbit/s.

Why not join the torrent swarm with that box? This way it doesn't really
matter which speed your connection is at (and you can shape it any way
you like).

Regards,

Ralph