[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Status incorrect?

Mon May 20 12:29:50 UTC 2013
Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net>

Whitelisting the IP address of the mirror prober is not a winning
strategy. If you have some sort of an automated firewall setup blocking
"suspicious" requests, and that ends up blocking the mirror prober,
there's a very good chance that it'll block legitimate mirror users as well.

If I were you, I'd have a look at your firewall logs and determine the
reason why that IP address was blocked (if that was even the case).

As for the slowdowns, the most common explanation is some sort of a DNS
problem. Are you perhaps denying access to your mirror from some
networks based on reverse DNS?

It takes me 11 seconds to retrieve the root directory of your mirror as
well.