[CentOS-mirror] rsync -H flag

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Sun Oct 20 21:15:17 UTC 2013

Thomas kirjoitti:
> If I add that to my CRON, will it remove the duplicates I already have or
> would I need to delete and resync my entire mirror?

Yes, you can simply add the -H flag to your rsync command line. There is
no need to delete any files manually. The next time you sync, rsync will
take care of the duplicate files and remove the extra ones. If you use
the -v (verbose) flag while syncing, you'll see something like this when
rsync creates the links:

5.9/os/x86_64/CentOS/zlib-devel-1.2.3-7.el5.i386.rpm =>
5.10/os/x86_64/CentOS/zlib-devel-1.2.3-7.el5.i386.rpm