[CentOS-mirror] add ip access to upstream for sync

Carl Thompson carl.thompson at rackspace.com
Tue Jul 8 11:50:50 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 06:10 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 08/07/14 12:47, Anssi Johansson wrote:

>>> You will need to pull from an external mirror unless rackspace is
>>> offering public access to the mirrors. At this point we only have lised
>>> public mirrors hitting centos.org mirrors.
>>
>> http://mirror.rackspace.com/CentOS/ is listed on
>> http://mirror-status.centos.org/ , so the said IP address would need to
>> be whitelisted.
>
> IP has been whitelisted and that change is now being propagated to all
> msync nodes.
> Cheers,

Thanks much folks.  Also some details on mirror.rackspace.com.

You may want to remove that from the listings as its geographically load balanced
and may not play nice with mirror dlist software.  Here is a list of the individual
regions and direct addresses to each region.

iad.mirror.rackspace.com (virginia, us)
ord.mirror.rackspace.com (chicago us)
dfw.mirror.rackspace.com (dallas, us)
lon.mirror.rackspace.com (london, uk)
syd.mirror.rackspace.com (sydney, au)
hkg.mirror.rackspace.com (hong kong, ch)

All mirrors are publicly accessable multiple nodes behind local load balancer and support:

http, rsync, and ftp.

Carl Thompson