[CentOS-mirror] Public Mirror : Max Connections

Thu Jul 10 14:28:15 UTC 2014
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On 10/07/14 16:08, mirror_centos at itu.edu.tr wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We realized that we weren’t listed as an official CentOS Mirror
> according to http://centos.org/download/mirrors/  and also our ftp
> server was marked with 2.4 day mirror-age acording to
> http://mirror-status.centos.org/#tr .
>
> Our rsync logs stated an error as follows:
>
> *@ERROR: max connections (40) reached -- try again later*

Hi,

It's true that we limited the maximum number of connections on msync nodes.
It would be good to know which server your were hitting (as
msync/eu-msync.centos.org nodes are GeoIP redirected to - normally -
your nearest msync node)
As we still have mirrors currently syncing 7 from msync nodes, the fact
you can reach the limit on that particular server can happen too.

Can you give me the hostname of the server you hit ?
Also in the meantime you can try syncing from other mirrors that are
up2date, and switch back to msync nodes later.

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab