[CentOS-mirror] Important notification for the (7) upcoming release

Imre Gergely gimre at narancs.net
Tue Jun 17 12:34:41 UTC 2014

Hi

"To better serve you, we'll start implementing the following changes in
the next 24 hours :
- we'll restrict the CentOS (and - legacy but pointing to the same path
- CentOS-incdvd) rsyncd modules access to IP currently being marked as
"official" CentOS public mirrors
- That means that we'll currently stop adding new mirrors until Seven is out
- That also means that if you're using a different outgoing IP address
than the reverse ip lookup for your mirror(s), you'll be blocked (if
that's the case, contact us on the centos-mirror list and we'll fix that )"

Which mirror is considered "official" ?

I've recently changed our mirror's IP address, ftp.astral.ro
(193.230.240.8) -> ftp.upcnet.ro (78.96.7.8), could you please check if
78.96.7.8 is in the ACL and also update the URL on the mirror list page?
How do I know if this mirror is considered official ?

Thanks!

--
Imre Gergely
http://havaz.net