[CentOS-mirror] Important notification for the (7) upcoming release

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Tue Jun 17 12:38:59 UTC 2014

On 17/06/14 14:34, Imre Gergely wrote:

> Hi
>
> "To better serve you, we'll start implementing the following changes in
> the next 24 hours :
> - we'll restrict the CentOS (and - legacy but pointing to the same path
> - CentOS-incdvd) rsyncd modules access to IP currently being marked as
> "official" CentOS public mirrors
> - That means that we'll currently stop adding new mirrors until Seven is out
> - That also means that if you're using a different outgoing IP address
> than the reverse ip lookup for your mirror(s), you'll be blocked (if
> that's the case, contact us on the centos-mirror list and we'll fix that )"
>
> Which mirror is considered "official" ?
>
> I've recently changed our mirror's IP address, ftp.astral.ro
> (193.230.240.8) -> ftp.upcnet.ro (78.96.7.8), could you please check if
> 78.96.7.8 is in the ACL and also update the URL on the mirror list page?
> How do I know if this mirror is considered official ?
>
> Thanks!

The "official" mirrors are the ones listed on both
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/ and http://mirror-status.centos.org/.
I've just checked and your new IP is already included in the change that
will be implemented (normally tomorrow).
As I'm busy working on that, do you want me to reflect that hostname
change in the mirror DB ? (from astral.ro to upcnet.ro)

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab