[CentOS-mirror] Important notification for the (7) upcoming release

Kasparek Tomas

kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Jun 17 12:51:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 02:38:59PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > "To better serve you, we'll start implementing the following changes in
> > the next 24 hours :
> > - we'll restrict the CentOS (and - legacy but pointing to the same path
> > - CentOS-incdvd) rsyncd modules access to IP currently being marked as
> > "official" CentOS public mirrors
> > - That means that we'll currently stop adding new mirrors until Seven is out
> > - That also means that if you're using a different outgoing IP address
> > than the reverse ip lookup for your mirror(s), you'll be blocked (if
> > that's the case, contact us on the centos-mirror list and we'll fix that )"

Checking the status, I see, that for merlin.fit.vutbr.cz, CentOS-incdvd is
the rsync target. My rsyncd.conf is as follows:

[CentOS]
comment="CentOS without DVDs"
path=/var/www/html/mirrors/centos/
exclude=*-DVD.iso

[CentOS-incdvd]
comment="CentOS with DVDs"
path=/var/www/html/mirrors/centos/

Does it still make sense (it is a best practice) to have them both?

Thanks

  Tomas Kasparek               e-mail: kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
  CVT FIT VUT Brno, L127       jabber: tomas.kasparek at jabber.cz
  Bozetechova 1, 612 66        web   : http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~kasparek
  Brno, Czech Republic         phone : +420 54114-1220

  GPG:    2F1E 1AAF FD3B CFA3 1537  63BD DCBE 18FF A035 53BC

  May the command line live forever!