[CentOS-mirror] Rsync Errors

Fabian Arrotin

fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu May 22 10:58:57 UTC 2014

On 21/05/14 20:58, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Thanks…
>
> I don’t know for sure but if I do a lookup at this moment from that
> machine I see:
>
> [root at centos paul]# ping msync.centos.org
> PING msync.centos.org (67.212.81.83) 56(84) bytes of data.
> 64 bytes from node1.hostingbreeze.com (67.212.81.83): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57
> time=15.8 ms

Well, if you use msync.centos.org, us-msync.centos.org , or
eu-msync.centos.org (as described on the wiki page
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors ), you have to realize
that the dns setup for those A records will do some round-robin
operations (and GeoIP lookup too) so you can hit a mirror and next time
it can be another one.
That round-robin process doesn't check the load/number of connections on
the msync nodes, so we'd like to know which one you were hitting when
you had that issue.
The centos node hostname is shown in every rsync connection
(header/welcome message)

I have to implement some extra checks, as I guess the msync nodes will
be overloaded when CentOS 7 will be pushed to mirrors :-)

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab