[CentOS-mirror] Discrepencies between vault.centos.org http and rsync

Thu Nov 27 20:32:42 UTC 2014
Konstantin Ryabitsev <ftpadmin at kernel.org>

On 18 November 2014 at 07:24, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:
> Well, I don't know how kernel.org and/or leaseweb.net were mirroring
> vault content (reposync ? lftp script ?), but we don't even list
> thoses as a valid Vault servers.
> Have you read http://vault.centos.org/readme.txt ? it contains the
> info you're looking for (including some rsync targets from machines
> with high-speed connections)

Hi, all:

Sorry, I managed to miss this. I'm not sure how long ago this stopped
working, but in our (admittedly very old) configuration we have the
following source to pull for archive.kernel.org:

rsync://vault.centos.org/centos-full-store/

Is this requiring IP whitelisting these days, or what needs to happen
to make it possible for us to pull the vault data "from the horse's
mouth?" :)

-K