[CentOS-mirror] private mirror question(s)

Tue Nov 4 11:17:51 UTC 2014
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 09:38:27AM +0100, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > There was some talk several months ago about someone maybe setting
> > up Mirror Manager for CentOS as a replacement for the current
> > system... did anything ever come of that? It seems to work very
> > well for Fedora so I can't help but be curious. Thanks!
> >

> Long story short : MirrorManager *needs* a central authentication tool.
> Such debate about switching to FAS or IPA is already taking place, but
> in the infra meeting and also on the centos-devel list, so let's not
> discuss that in the centos-mirror one. Once we'll have decided and
> switched to such central auth tool, we'll be able to then evaluate a
> need to move to something else.

For the record. A central authentication tool is of course the better
solution but the RPM Fusion MirrorManager instance is just using a
postgresql database for account management. This has the disadvantage
that the users cannot create the account and passwords by themselves. But
it works.

		Adrian