[CentOS-mirror] private mirror question(s)

Wed Nov 5 09:16:24 UTC 2014

On 04/11/14 08:38, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 03/11/14 20:01, Gene Liverman wrote:
>> Fabian,
>
>> There was some talk several months ago about someone maybe setting
>> up Mirror Manager for CentOS as a replacement for the current
>> system... did anything ever come of that? It seems to work very
>> well for Fedora so I can't help but be curious. Thanks!
>

> Long story short : MirrorManager *needs* a central authentication tool.
> Such debate about switching to FAS or IPA is already taking place, but
> in the infra meeting and also on the centos-devel list, so let's not
> discuss that in the centos-mirror one. Once we'll have decided and
> switched to such central auth tool, we'll be able to then evaluate a
> need to move to something else.

I think there were some feature issues as well, but auth was the first
blocker. this is being worked out - so there is potential for people to
come help and make things happen. At the moment, the auth issue is being
handled in the buildsystem meetings that take place on irc.freenode.net
in #centos-devel at 13:00 UTC, every week. Come join, even if its just
to participate and comment on process being used.

--
Karanbir Singh