[CentOS-mirror] Discrepencies between vault.centos.org http and rsync

Tue Nov 18 13:41:33 UTC 2014
EURid Operations <techteam at eurid.eu>

On 18-11-14 13:24, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> On 18/11/14 11:53, EURid Operations wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems there is a problem getting the official vault.centos.org
>> archive content on a mirror at the moment.
>>
>> We are mirroring the CentOS Vault from kernel.org
>> (archive.kernel.org::centos), but the content is not in sync with
>> the http repository of vault.centos.org . I also checked the
>> Leaseweb mirror (mirror.leaseweb.net::centos-vault), and it's the
>> same there, not in sync.
>>
>> The content that we in particular are looking for is CentOS 6.5
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sven Meeus
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> Well, I don't know how kernel.org and/or leaseweb.net were mirroring
> vault content (reposync ? lftp script ?), but we don't even list
> thoses as a valid Vault servers.
> Have you read http://vault.centos.org/readme.txt ? it contains the
> info you're looking for (including some rsync targets from machines
> with high-speed connections)
>
> Cheers,
>
> - --
>
> Fabian Arrotin

Hello Fabian,

I googled around first to try and find a list of mirrors. There is a
post in this mailinglist (2013?) suggesting Leaseweb as an alternative.
Kernel.org is in many cases just a reliable host to get updates from. I
did find some other mirrors which could be used, but they all have the
same content as we have.

Looking at the readme.txt file, I have a few remarks.
- mirror.symnds.com : @ERROR: chroot failed
- bay.uchicago.edu : Not up to date, actually exactly the same as what
we have now (source for kernel.org nad/or Leaseweb?)
- mirror.nsc.liu.se: Up to date! Going to use this one as a source.

Thanks for the guidance, I forgot about rtfm.

Kind regards,

Sven Meeus

System Engineer/Administrator

EURid vzw/asbl
Woluwelaan 150
1831 Diegem
Belgium

Tel: +32 (0)2 401 27 50
Fax: +32 (0)2 401 27 51
techteam at eurid.eu

Disclaimer:
This email  and  any  attachment  hereto  is  intended  solely  for  the  person
to which  it  is  addressed  and  may  contain  confidential  and/or  privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient  or  if  you  have  received
this email in error, please delete it and  immediately  contact  the  sender  by
telephone or email, and destroy any copies  of  this  information.   You  should
not use or copy it, nor disclose  its  content  to  any  other  person  or  rely
upon this information.  Please note that any views presented in  the  email  and
any attachment hereto are solely those of the  author  and  do  not  necessarily
represent those of EURid.  While all care has been  taken  to  avoid  any  known
viruses, the recipient is advised to check this email  and  any  attachment  for
presence of viruses.

http://www.eurid.eu/en/legal-disclaimer