[CentOS-mirror] mirror.duomenucentras.lt

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Wed Oct 29 17:59:09 UTC 2014

On 10/29/2014 12:26 PM, Martynas UAB "Duomenų Centras" wrote:
> Hello,
>  Now for CentOS 6.6 updates don't see our mirror once more...

Please remember that mirrorlist picks a number of mirrors from a give
country at random .. and goes to 10 ... if there are are more than 10
mirrors in a given country, then a given mirror may not show up.

Each repo gets a random number of mirrors and the mirrorlists are
updated at intervals throught the day (every couple of hours) .. so
updates has different mirrors than os and extras, etc.  The actual list
of 10 mirrors is random.

Once the list of 10 is obtained, then yum uses fastestmirror to rate
those ten mirrors, BUT there is no way to ensure a specific mirror makes
it into the initial random 10.