[CentOS-mirror] Public mirror in Uzbekistan

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Apr 2 09:40:41 UTC 2015

On 02/04/15 11:05, Garri Djavadyan wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 07:53 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thank you, Fabian!
>>>
>>> I've already noticed the mirror listed on
>>> http://mirror-status.centos.org and
>>> http://centos.org/download/mirrors/.
>>>
>>> But I still can't access RSYNC service. I get 'unknown module'
>>> error:
>>>
>>> @ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS' rsync error: error starting
>>> client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1503)
>>> [receiver=3.0.6]
>>>
>>> I tried three sources: msync.centos.org::CentOS
>>> eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance!
>>>

>> Hi Garri,
>>
>> I added your IP and committed that change in git, but hasn't
>> been caught by my wrapper script for push/pull on the puppet
>> side. Now done so will be ok in the next 30 minutes ..
>>
>> Sorry for that, but we've been quite busy in the last days with
>> the 7 1503 release and it seems I need now to sleep to recover,
>> or have more coffee :-)
>>
>> Cheers,

> Hi Fabian,
>
> Thank you very much! RSYNC works now!
>
> There is an unresolved question at the moment.
> mirrorlist.centos.org still don't return local server in the
> listing. For example:
>
> # curl -4
> "http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os"
> http://mirror.neolabs.kz/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.awanti.com/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.astpage.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.yandex.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://centos-mirror.rbc.ru/pub/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.tversu.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.satellite-service.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.corbina.net/pub/Linux/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.h1host.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
> http://mirror.vilkam.ru/centos/6.6/os/i386/
>
> Can you check the GeoIP backend? Thank you in advance!
>
> Kind Regards

Hi Garri,

Just checked and as your the first mirror in Uzbekistan, the GeoIP map
we used was just redirecting directly to Kazakhstan. I've now updated
that, but now we'll have to wait for the next crawler process to check
your mirror for each ${release}/${repo}/${arch}.

That would normally happen in the following hour .. so let's check
that later today.

Cheers,

PS : the GeoIP backend is actually already used by the mirrorlist
nodes, but searching now for mirrorlist not already produced for .uz ,
so falling back to external nodes. That will be corrected after the
mirror crawler will have validated your mirror and produced a list
including your mirror and "nearby countries"

- --

Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab