[CentOS-mirror] Clarification on new mirror reqs

Greg Walters greg.walters at gatewaymedia.com
Tue Apr 7 19:05:40 UTC 2015

Good day,

I've gotten my company to tentatively agree to hosting a couple mirrors
of repositories for software that we use and need to make sure that the
requirements for new mirrors at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors are within our
allowances. The portion I'm looking for clarification on is the very
last NOTE block at the bottom of the page which states:

"If you have a data cap which is lower than 15 Tb (depending on region),
please don't try to add that machine as a mirror."

Is the unit there in teraBITS (little b) or teraBYTES (big b)? I'm not
working with a data cap but do have a 95th percentile bandwidth
allotment that I must keep mirrors under and if that 15 Tb is
representative of the traffic I could expect over a month then 15 Tb of
traffic would be right around 6 Mbps and acceptable while 15 TB of
traffic would be over my allotment.

Anyone have some bandwidth graphs they can share for their public mirrors?

Thanks,
Greg