[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring the vault

Michael Meier (FTP Admin)

rrze-ftp-admins at fau.de
Wed Apr 15 13:01:10 UTC 2015

On 04/15/2015 01:32 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> OTOH, I (personally) think that vault is like giving a gun for people
> to shoot themselves in the foot : using
> deprecated/unpatched/unsecured/unmaintained packages on a distro is
> not what I'd consider best practice. There are a *few* corner cases
> where it can be handy, but those are already mirroring internally
> those versions, for specific usage, and don't rely on vault.centos.org

I would completely agree with you IF vault.centos.org would not (AFAIK)
also be the official source for the CentOS Source-RPMS.
Which doesn't actually make that much sense - could vault perhaps be
split up into something like the real vault and srpms.centos.org? The
last one would arguably be more useful than the vault, and not just
giving people a gun to shoot themselves with.
--
Michael Meier, FTP-Admin
Friedrich-Alexander-Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
rrze-ftp-admins at fau.de
blogs.fau.de/ftp/