[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Reachability

Jahanzeb Arshad jahanzeb at dsl.net.pk
Wed Aug 19 10:01:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

We are running a Centos mirror mirrors.nayatel.com. We have noticed that
that sometimes mirror status page of centos us shows our mirror as
unreachable. The server is however up and serving content. The reason I
could find is that TIME file under the mirror root directory goes blank
after a mirror sync. On next sync the problem is typically fixed. We are
using us-msync.centos.org for rsync mirror and following is the mirror
script running 4 times a day. Need guidance how to address this issue.

#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates ]; then
     echo "Updates via rsync already running."
     exit 0
fi
if [ -d /mirrors/centos ] ; then
     touch /var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates
     rsync -avzH --delete --delay-updates us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
/mirrors/centos/
     /bin/rm -f /var/lock/subsys/rsync_updates
else
     echo "Target directory /mirrors/centos not present."
fi

Regards

Jahanzeb