[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Reachability

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Thu Aug 20 07:17:08 UTC 2015

20.8.2015, 7.28, Jahanzeb Arshad kirjoitti:
> On 08/19/2015 06:06 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>> Hmm, that issue with TIME would be interesting to investigate : I'll
>> check on my side, but content of that file is monitored on our side on
>> all msync nodes. What's the msync node from which you synced and saw
>> that behaviour ? Assuming you have your rsync log, the fqdn of the
>> server you're syncing from is in the rsyncd header.
>>

> We are using us-msync.centos.org for mirroring.

us-msync.centos.org is a round robin DNS entry for around 40 different
servers. When you rsync, you will see the server's name in the greeting,
centosn7 in this case:

$ rsync rsync://us-msync.centos.org/

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosn7)

If you keep logs of your rsync sessions, it would be useful to know from
which server you synced from and ended up with an empty TIME file.