[CentOS-mirror] new mirror

Fri Feb 13 13:10:17 UTC 2015
Anssi Johansson <centos at miuku.net>

The documentation for creating new public CentOS mirrors is at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors , it says "for your
first synchronization, you should use one of the external mirrors
providing rsync access"

This also benefits you -- you can probably get your initial sync done
from some nearby mirror. I'd guess any of these would do:
rsync://ftp.linux.org.tr/centos/
rsync://mirror.hoster.kz/centos/
rsync://mirror.neolabs.kz/centos/
or any of the Russian mirrors providing rsync, listed on
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/

After your mirror has completed its initial sync and it has been
approved, you can switch to using rsync://eu-msync.centos.org/CentOS/ as
the upstream sync source. If you try to use that eu-msync.centos.org
server now, it will complain "ERROR: Unknown module 'CentOS'". This will
change, once your mirror has been approved and your IP address has been
added to the list to allow syncing from msync.centos.org.