[CentOS-mirror] msync.centos.org issues from Australia

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Mon Jul 6 06:45:11 UTC 2015

On 03/07/15 08:31, Seamus Ryan wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> I was just wondering if there is something funny going on with
> msync.centos.org’s availability within Australia. I see it is
> geo-load balanced to various places around the world, but in
> particular in Australia we are (in many cases) sent to
>

> 103.18.205.7 - 7-205-18-103.static.glovine.com.au
>

> That’s all well and good, but a quick look at
> http://mirror-status.centos.org/ reveals quite a few of the
> Australian mirrors have been all over the place over the last few
> weeks, which would somewhat suggest something is up with this
> mirror source?
>

> Any clues?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Seamus

Well, that machine is the only msync node we have for Oceania (and is
located in Australia), so that's normal that you're redirected to that
node.
But as it's currently the only node we have there, some other nodes
from other countries were also put in the same list.
I can investigate, and directly just point all .au (or nodes Oceania)
to just a single node, and see how it goes, and if the available
bandwidth on that single node is enough or not.

Cheers,

- --

Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab