[CentOS-mirror] Mirror not shown in mirror list

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sun Mar 22 07:29:55 UTC 2015

On 22/03/15 07:27, Tarik Chelabi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Whenever I try to update through yum, the items are being retrieved
> from mirrors other than mine, even from the mirror server itself.
>
> And the mirror status is okay as indicated by the mirror status
> page.
>
> Kindly let me know if there is anything to be done on my end?
>
> Surfing to the mirror list shows the following mirrors, mine is
> not listed with them, please advise.
>
> http://mirror.dgn.net.tr/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.rackdc.com/CentOS/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.hostkenti.com.tr/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.saglayici.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.city.net.tr/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://repo.boun.edu.tr/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.vit.com.tr/mirror/CentOS/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://mirror.alastyr.com/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://ftp.mku.edu.tr/centos/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
> http://ftp.itu.edu.tr/Mirror/CentOS/7.0.1406/os/x86_64/
>
> All the best,
>
> -------------------------------- Tarik Chelabi System
> Administrator RHCSA: 130-202-997 ScopeSky Communications LLC.
> Email:   tarik at scopesky.com <mailto:tarik at scopesky.com>
>
> Web:     www.scopesky.com <http://www.scopesky.com>

Hmm, two possibilities :
- - the GeoIP test beind done at the mirrorlist server side thinks that
your IP is in Turkey, which would then explain why all the .tr in that
list, instead of .iq
- - or the GeoIP script doesn't handle (yet) .iq

Can you test this please ?
curl -4 --silent http://www.telize.com/geoip|python -mjson.tool|grep
country

If it's correctly returning your country, then that means that I have
to dive in the GeoIP backend on our side, something I'll do after
you've confirmed that on your side it returns correctly IQ.

Cheers,

- --

Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab