[CentOS-mirror] Mirror not shown in mirror list

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sun Mar 22 13:16:37 UTC 2015

On 22/03/15 08:35, Tarik Chelabi wrote:
> Thanks Fabian,
>
> This is the test result:
>
> curl -4 --silent http://www.telize.com/geoip|python
> -mjson.tool|grep country "country": "Iraq", "country_code": "IQ",
> "country_code3": "IRQ",
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Please let me know if you need anything else to provide you with.
>
> All the best,
>
> -------------------------------- Tarik Chelabi System
> Administrator RHCSA: 130-202-997 ScopeSky Communications LLC.
> Email:   tarik at scopesky.com <mailto:tarik at scopesky.com>
>
> Web:     www.scopesky.com <http://www.scopesky.com>
>
>> On Mar 22, 2015, at 10:29 AM, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org
>> <mailto:arrfab at centos.org>> wrote:

> Hmm, two possibilities : - the GeoIP test beind done at the
> mirrorlist server side thinks that your IP is in Turkey, which
> would then explain why all the .tr in that list, instead of .iq -
> or the GeoIP script doesn't handle (yet) .iq
>
> Can you test this please ? curl -4 --silent
> http://www.telize.com/geoip|python -mjson.tool|grep country
>
> If it's correctly returning your country, then that means that I
> have to dive in the GeoIP backend on our side, something I'll do
> after you've confirmed that on your side it returns correctly IQ.
>
> Cheers,

So, I had a quick look and the issue was happening at the GeoIP
backend (in fact you're the only one mirror in .iq and it was
previously "hard-coded" to point to .tr mirrors).

Can you now confirm that your mirror is listed on your side ?
curl -4 --silent
'http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock'|grep
scopesky

It's normally fixed.