[CentOS-mirror] Establishment of Public Mirror

Mon Mar 2 12:26:51 UTC 2015
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 02/03/15 13:16, Brian Lancaster wrote:
> Yes, I will be blocking all ICMP packets to this host.  Is this a
> problem?
>
> The web server is offline until I complete the setup.  My request
> at this time was basically to get my IP address white listed to
> pull from the main repos.
>
> Let me know if there is anything I must do before this can happen.
>

> Thanks!
>

> On Monday, March 2, 2015, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org
> <mailto:arrfab at centos.org>> wrote:
>
> On 02/03/15 03:54, Brian Lancaster wrote:
>> All,
>
>> My intentions are to establish a public mirror for CentOS
>> content. My details are below as per the instructions on the
>> Wiki.
>
>> HTTP: http://mirror.redsox.cc/pub/CentOS FTP: NO FTP ACCESS
>> RSYNC: rsync://mirror.redsox.cc/pub/CentOS
> <http://mirror.redsox.cc/pub/CentOS>
>> <http://mirror.redsox.cc/pub/CentOS>
>
>> Sync schedule: Every 4 Hours Bandwidth: 1 Gbps Symmetrical
>> Service Location: Apex, North Carolina Sponsor: None Sponsor URL:
>> None IP to authorize: 162.229.180.109 Email contact:
>> brianlan at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>
>> <mailto:brianlan at gmail.com <javascript:;>>
>
>> -- Brian Lancaster
>
> So, I just checked from various places, and it seems you have
> firewall rules in place that prevent your mirror from being
> reachable.
>
> Can you investigate and keep us informed ?
>
> Kind Regards,

Ah, I wasn't mentioning icmp, but tcp/80 but I guess that makes now
sense since you explained that your mirror isn't ready yet.
As per https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors , consider
syncing for the first time from a mirror listed on
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/ , and then ask on this list for
your public mirror (ready to be used) to be included and your IP
whitelisted.

Cheers,

- --

Fabian Arrotin