[CentOS-mirror] mirrorlist.centos.org IPv6 problem

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Sun May 24 17:10:42 UTC 2015

24.5.2015, 17.42, Felix Krohn kirjoitti:
> Hello,
>
> mirrorlist.centos.org currently doesn't correctly answer on IPv6 - The
> request succeeds superficially (200 OK), but the answer is empty:

Hi, I can confirm this problem. We're working on fixing this.

> (Also, I wonder why the results don't contain centos.mirrors.ovh.net
> which should be closest - but that's another question for another time.)

The mirrorlist server returns 10 random mirrors from the determined
country, and if there are more than 10 mirrors in the country, it's
possible that the nearest mirror does not always show up on the list.

centos.mirrors.ovh.net is currently shown on the list when I request it,
so there doesn't seem to be permanent problems.