[CentOS-mirror] Availability of 'altarch' on mirrors ?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Oct 14 08:28:15 UTC 2015

Hi Jarek,

On 14/10/15 07:05, Jarek Polok wrote:
> PS: .. the location of that is little bit confusing ...
>     seems that all other SIGs products are to be found
>     under releasenumber/signame/ ... why altarch is
>     available in completely separate tree ? ....

Within a couple of months, we are going to have quite a bit of content
under altarch as the armv7 / power( many of them)/ aarch64 / i386 tree's
expand. We didnt think every rsync mirror would want to host those extra
100+GB given that we don't expect a huge user-base in the early months.
Its likely ( and we hope ) the user-base expands, but we didnt want all
hundreds of mirrors to suddenly inherit a huge payload.

The plan is to open rsync for these targets as wide as possible, to
allow anyone wanting to opt into these to grab it from us. In the mean
time we still need to workout how mirrorlist.centos.org is going to
handle these, and how other SIGs are able to consume and extend this
content.

--
Karanbir Singh