[CentOS-mirror] Question for mirror admins

Mitry Matyushkov ftp at mgts.by
Tue Apr 5 11:22:41 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 4/5/2016 1:57 PM, Danny Horne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the middle of setting up a CentOS mirror, but I see some mirrors
> are just plain listings, others are 'spiced up' with folder icons etc.
> How do you do this?  Do you create an index.html for each folder (there
> are 100's of them) or is there an easier way?

The easiest way is to serve CentOS directory listing via Apache server
which does this fancy looking out of the box. All settings for it is
done by CentOS team and reside in the mirror tree.

Personally I use nginx to serve static files and while running Apache
for other needs just proxying directory listing for couple of mirrors.

Regards,
Mitry