[CentOS-mirror] New mirror in Switzerland

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Apr 7 06:22:45 UTC 2016

On 03/04/16 09:01, Sascha Spreitzer wrote:

>> Well, so does that mean that your backend mirror has no ipv4
>> connectivity at all ? (for outgoing connections that is), or is
>> that the one from the frontend that is used for outgoing
>> connections (and so that needs to be allowed) ?
>
> Correct the backend has no IPv4 connectivity.
>
> [root at mirror ~]# ip a sh eth0
> 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast
> state UP qlen 1000
>     link/ether 52:54:00:77:b4:10 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet6 2a02:168:7a0e:6:5054:ff:fe77:b410/64 scope global
> noprefixroute dynamic
>        valid_lft 86347sec preferred_lft 14347sec
>     inet6 fe80::5054:ff:fe77:b410/64 scope link
>        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
>
> The fronted IPs are served via a DNS CNAME and might be changed due to
> infrastructure flexibility.
>
> PS.: If you can provide a username/password rsync access, I can move
> the backend into a mixed IPv4/IPv6 network. (NAT private IPv4 RC1918 /
> IPv6)
> The IPv6 address would change then.
>
> Do you have any other idea? Maybe it is not mandatory (until IPv6 is
> available) to have a direct connection to our msync network?
> May I host the first msync IPv6 for Europe?

Well, what you can do is still pulling from another external mirror
(which has proper ipv6 connectivity) for the time being, while waiting
for more msync nodes to have ipv6 on our side ?
If that works for you, I can add your mirror today. Let me know

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab