[CentOS-mirror] centos mirror @ seas.harvard.edu

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Apr 21 16:13:53 UTC 2016

On 21/04/16 18:01, Judit Flo Gaya wrote:

> On 04/20/2016 05:41 PM, Judit Flo Gaya wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> This kind of looks like the problem could be at the msync.centos.org
>>> side. If your IP address wasn't allowed, you would not be able to sync
>>> even those timestamp files.
>>>
>>> When you sync, you should be shown the server's name, such as centoso6:
>>> "msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centoso6)". Please tell us the server
>>> name that gave you the error message you mentioned.
>>>
>>> I hope you are syncing fro us-msync.centos.org instead of some specific
>>> server. msync.c.o, eu-msync.c.o and us-msync.c.o point to a number of
>>> msync servers, and that list is updated periodically to reflect any new
>>> or removed servers.
>>
>> I thought that too, but...
>> I am syncing to the us-msync, yes.
>> Please find attached the logs from today, the names of the servers where:
>> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosq4)
>> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosi6)
>> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosv)
>>
>> This is cron
>> # CentOS gets synced 4 times/day. Debuginfo hits a different server, so
>> # it's okay to do it simultaneously.
>> 30 */6 * * * mirror /srv/mirror-scripts/bin/mirror centos > /dev/null
>> 30 */6 * * * mirror /srv/mirror-scripts/bin/mirror centos-debuginfo >
>> /dev/null
>>
>> Producing:
>> /usr/bin/rsync -vrltH --partial --delay-updates --delete-after
>> --delete-excluded --stats --timeout=600 --exclude=.snapshot/
>> rsync://us-msync.centos.org/CentOS /misc/mirrors-rw/centos
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
> If it's helpful, here are some more complaining servers, same error always:
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosc5)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosm7)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosq4)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosy6)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosl7)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosd7)

Well, can you investigate also at your side if something it saturating
the IO subsystem ?
Not sure if the " io timeout after 603 seconds -- exiting" is coming
from your node or from one of our nodes (as that would seem strange if
that was the case for all of them, as then all external mirrors will be
invalidated too because they'd not be able to sync from us either)
One interesting thing to investigate at your firewall/gw is the outgoing
IP, as I see this ;
connect from pool-computing-servers.seas.harvard.edu (140.247.173.57)
(while you mention 140.247.173.13) so a network setting at the firewall
level stopping network connections that seems idle (during the "building
file list step", last thing I see in our logs)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab