[CentOS-mirror] centos mirror @ seas.harvard.edu

Judit Flo Gaya

jflo at seas.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:01:05 UTC 2016

On 04/20/2016 05:41 PM, Judit Flo Gaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/20/16 14:23, Anssi Johansson wrote:
>> 20.4.2016, 20.43, Judit Flo Gaya kirjoitti:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For quite some time now, we've not been receiving updates on our public
>>> mirror (http://mirrors.seas.harvard.edu/centos). It seems like we no
>>> longer have access to the information.
>>>
>>> receiving file list ... done
>>> ./
>>> TIME
>>> dir_sizes
>>> filelist.gz
>>> timestamp.txt
>>> io timeout after 603 seconds -- exiting
>>> rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(200)
>>> [receiver=3.0.6]
>>> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (4153066 bytes received so far)
>>> [generator]
>>> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(600)
>>> [generator=3.0.6]
>>>

>>> Could you please verify that we are allowed to rsync, the ip is nat one:
>>> 140.247.173.13.
>>
>> This kind of looks like the problem could be at the msync.centos.org
>> side. If your IP address wasn't allowed, you would not be able to sync
>> even those timestamp files.
>>
>> When you sync, you should be shown the server's name, such as centoso6:
>> "msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centoso6)". Please tell us the server
>> name that gave you the error message you mentioned.
>>
>> I hope you are syncing fro us-msync.centos.org instead of some specific
>> server. msync.c.o, eu-msync.c.o and us-msync.c.o point to a number of
>> msync servers, and that list is updated periodically to reflect any new
>> or removed servers.
>
> I thought that too, but...
> I am syncing to the us-msync, yes.
> Please find attached the logs from today, the names of the servers where:
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosq4)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosi6)
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosv)
>
> This is cron
> # CentOS gets synced 4 times/day. Debuginfo hits a different server, so
> # it's okay to do it simultaneously.
> 30 */6 * * * mirror /srv/mirror-scripts/bin/mirror centos > /dev/null
> 30 */6 * * * mirror /srv/mirror-scripts/bin/mirror centos-debuginfo >
> /dev/null
>
> Producing:
> /usr/bin/rsync -vrltH --partial --delay-updates --delete-after
> --delete-excluded --stats --timeout=600 --exclude=.snapshot/
> rsync://us-msync.centos.org/CentOS /misc/mirrors-rw/centos
>
> Thanks for your help,

If it's helpful, here are some more complaining servers, same error always:
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosc5)
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosm7)
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosq4)
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosy6)
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosl7)
msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosd7)