[CentOS-mirror] NEW mirror

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Wed Aug 24 18:04:46 UTC 2016

24.8.2016, 20.55, chris kirjoitti:
> i was told my server ip must registered first , please let me know once
> it is registered , so i will sync the file.

The wiki page says:

"""
NOTE: To provide fastest access to public mirrors, we have now
restricted access (at the IP level) for known public mirrors (see
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror-announce/2014-June/000015.html).
So for your first synchronization, you should use one of the external
mirrors providing rsync access. You can find that list here:
http://centos.org/download/mirrors/
"""

So, sync first from some other public mirror. Once your mirror is ready
(as in, it has all the content), you can request to have your mirror
added to the list. At that point you will get access to sync directly
from msync.centos.org.