[CentOS-mirror] Access to eu-msync.centos.org revoked & all LeaseWeb mirrors removed from mirror list

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Tue Jun 7 11:50:34 UTC 2016

On 04/06/16 15:57, LeaseWeb - Mirror Administrators wrote:
> Hi centos-mirror list,
>
> Since around May 30 our distribution mirror no longer appears to have
> access to eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS, we’re seeing the following message:
>
> @ERROR: Unknown module ‘CentOS'
>
> Could you please reinstate access to the msync service for us? The
> outgoing IP’s are 94.75.223.121 and 2001:1af8:4030:1:0:dead:beef:cafe
>
> This box is responsible for feeding our entire mirror network,
> consisting of the following:
>
> Mirror.nl.leaseweb.net
> Mirror.de.leaseweb.net
> Mirror.us.leaseweb.net (which is used by mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net
> and mirror.dal10.us.leaseweb.net as its source for syncing)
> 2 private mirrors in Singapore and Hong Kong
>
> Also i noticed that all of our mirrors have been removed from the
> official mirror list, which might be related to why we don’t have access
> anymore :)
>
> Do we need to re-register?
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Hans Rakers
> LeaseWeb Global Services BV
> Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi,

We indeed announced a change for ipv6, and so the following mail was
sent to both centos-mirror and centos-mirror-announce list :
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror-announce/2016-May/000023.html
(lists on which you're normally subscribed for such announce)
As I see you're not syncing directly from one of your mirror nodes (for
which a AAAA record exist), I've now added your
2001:1af8:4030:1:0:dead:beef:cafe ipv6 address in the ACL.
Can you test in the next 30 minutes to see if that works ?
Your three mirrors will be automatically added back once they are
up2date again (see
http://mirror-status.centos.org/)

Cheers,
--