[CentOS-mirror] discussion about ipv6 availability for msync.centos.org

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue May 17 09:04:20 UTC 2016

Just a status update about ipv6 for msync.centos.org
As of today, we now have 30 nodes (out of 69) having ipv6 connectivity
on the nodes behind msync.centos.org
Instead of just advertising the AAAA record for msync I'd like to
implement it through a specific record (maybe like msync-v6.centos.org)

The reason  is that if you have ipv6 and that we don't have your ipv6
address in the whitelist, I'm afraid that rsync will try over ipv6
directly, and so would be blocked as long as we don't have the proper
ACL in place for ipv6 mirrors

So the idea would be to have something like
msync-v6.centos.org::CentOS-v6, and ask you to provide us the ipv6
address for your mirror (we can already do that in advance if you
advertise AAAA record on your side for your mirror) and so it would be
an "opt-in" thing (at least as a start)

Then, we can decide to merge the ACLs and also have AAAA record for
msync , after enough people will have confirmed that everything works.

Ideas, comments, suggestions ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab