[CentOS-mirror] discussion about ipv6 availability for msync.centos.org

Michael Hofer

michael.hofer at adfinis-sygroup.ch
Wed May 18 07:44:30 UTC 2016

Hi *

[...]
> On 17.05.2016 11:04, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > Just a status update about ipv6 for msync.centos.org
> > As of today, we now have 30 nodes (out of 69) having ipv6 connectivity
> > on the nodes behind msync.centos.org
> > Instead of just advertising the AAAA record for msync I'd like to
> > implement it through a specific record (maybe like msync-v6.centos.org)
> >
> > The reason  is that if you have ipv6 and that we don't have your ipv6
> > address in the whitelist, I'm afraid that rsync will try over ipv6
> > directly, and so would be blocked as long as we don't have the proper
> > ACL in place for ipv6 mirrors
> >
> > So the idea would be to have something like
> > msync-v6.centos.org::CentOS-v6, and ask you to provide us the ipv6
> > address for your mirror (we can already do that in advance if you
> > advertise AAAA record on your side for your mirror) and so it would be
> > an "opt-in" thing (at least as a start)
> >
> > Then, we can decide to merge the ACLs and also have AAAA record for
> > msync , after enough people will have confirmed that everything works.
> >
> > Ideas, comments, suggestions ?
[...]

Feel free to include us in the tests aswell:

HTTP: http://pkg.adfinis-sygroup.ch/centos/
HTTPS: https://pkg.adfinis-sygroup.ch/centos/

Sync schedule: Every 4 hrs
Bandwidth: 1 Gbps
Location: Switzerland (Bern)
Sponsor: Adfinis SyGroup AG
Sponsor URL: https://adfinis-sygroup.ch/
IPv4 to authorize: 95.128.34.165
IPv6 to authorize: 2001:618:1:129::165
Email contact: pkg[at]adfinis-sygroup.ch

@Sascha: I think you mirror is missing on the mirror list [1]. :)

[1] https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/

Kind regards

Michael