[CentOS-mirror] discussion about ipv6 availability for msync.centos.org

Wed May 18 18:57:26 UTC 2016
Scott <centos-mirror at keystealth.org>

> So the idea would be to have something like
> msync-v6.centos.org::CentOS-v6, and ask you to provide us the ipv6
> address for your mirror (we can already do that in advance if you
> advertise AAAA record on your side for your mirror) and so it would be
> an "opt-in" thing (at least as a start)

The separate DNS ensures that people will only get what they ask for (v4
or v6), but why have a separate module name? Put both v4 and v6 acls on
the CentOS module and clients will get the one matching the DNS name they
use.

Scott.