[CentOS-mirror] CentOS 6.3 packages updates options without upgrading.

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Tue Nov 8 06:51:37 UTC 2016

8.11.2016, 4.03, Dipal Bhatt kirjoitti:
> Hi,
> IT seems, centos6.3 does no longer get any updates esp security fixes as
> per readme here:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.3/readme
>
> Is there updated source RPMs that can be rebuilt and hand patched, for
> example, nss-util 3.21.0-2 or openssl 1.0.1e that can be safely used on
> CentOS 6.3? Any other options that you can shed some light on, highly
> appreciated for above examples.  My apologies if this is not the right
> group to post such questions or if any existing literature available for
> same, please kindly refer to right place.
>
> The other option is to use CentOS 6.8 updated package on 6.3, but I am
> not sure of any upstream and downstream dependencies in 6.3 without
> updating the rest of the userland from 6.3 to 6.8.  Nonetheless, would
> this option be feasible?

Just a note to the readers of this centos-mirror mailing list: this
issue is being discussed on the main centos mailing list starting at
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2016-November/161939.html so
please direct your possible responses to that mailing list instead of
using this centos-mirror mailing list. Thank you.